Blossuming Community Garden - Lupton Park, Maryborough
Do you have a pulse? Do you like fresh air? Well there is a very special welcoming place in Maryborough that has an open invitation for anyone in the community to come & be a part of something very special. The Lupton Park Community Garden is built around being all abilities (including brown thumbs) to join in or just enjoy the gardens.
This is the perfect community activity or group to be a part of if you ask me. I say that because you can work alone, work together,, do as much or as little as you are able or willing to do. This community garden is just about being, and by being, you are coming together as acommunity. So as the plants, herbs, seeds flourish, so do people & friendships. You will see what I mean when you visit the gardens (Saturday & Wednesday mornings are open for anyone to visit).
I always prick my ears up when I hear the words all abilities, & Upton Park has made the effort to be accessible & inclusive for everyone, here is my top reasons why they have been given a gold star in my opinion:-
1. The garden is wheelchair friendly, featuring concrete paths, a wheelchair raised bed for wheel-in gardening, amenities are all wheelchair friendly.
2. Loads of shade to work in, relax in, & just potter around at any time of the day.
3. Seating everywhere, including an undercover area which is crying out to be used as a workshop space for small school & community groups.
4. All cultures are made welcome with featured garden beds by community members to share their culture.
5. Low cost & no cost - there is no discrimination if you are on a tight budget, this garden is all about community.
6. Brown thumbs are welcome as there are many other activities where you can be involved.
It really depends on the individual & where their interest & talents lie. For example artists can work on garden sculptures, craftsmen can work on new garden structures, caterers can create mouthwatering munchies, & those just good at chatting can come along as great company. This really is all abilities.
To find out more about Lupton Park Community Garden, visit their Facebook Page HERE.
or visit them at Lupton Park, 45 Aberdeen Ave. Maryborough Queensland.
If you are interested in becoming a member or hiring a plot, please ring 0429 069 613 or 0423 569 991
Follow Everything Fraser Coast on Spotify, Podbean, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube & Instagram.
Everything Fraser Coast, positive storyteller of the Fraser Coast Region, contact Jussy if you would like to be featured. It only costs your time. Jussy 0497 733773